What Are the Benefits and the Risks if Any?
What are the advantages and/or risks of taking bee pollen during pregnancy? The facts are revealed in this article. Bee pollen has gained a lot of popularity as a high nutritional food supplement. It is also a fact that pregnant women always want the best for themselves and their unborn babies.
It is important to note that some of the most vulnerable people to infections and diseases are pregnant women. However, bee pollen has the ability to strengthen the body as well as increase resistance to diseases. The dangerous thing is that any infection or disease that affects a pregnant woman may also affect the development and life of the unborn baby.
* Bee pollen is known to have a cleansing effect on the blood. It also helps oxygen get to the cells particularly the brain cells.
This is of great importance to the pregnant woman as it reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure during the course of the pregnancy. High blood pressure poses a great danger to the mother and the fetus.
* Bee pollen has also been proven to helpful in overcoming developmental problems including autism. It has over the time been prescribed for treatment of these conditions and children with the problems have been known to respond well to such treatment.
The same case applies to the unborn babies as the consumption of bee pollen during pregnancy aids proper development of the fetus’ brain and nervous system.
* One of the major benefits of the bee pollen to the pregnant mother include the protection against minerals and vitamins deficiency. It is important to note that pregnant women have additional nutritional needs as the unborn child derives its nutrients the mother.
Bee pollen contains vitamins such as Vitamin K, E, A, C etc. It also has other components like amino acids which are useful in the repair and maintenance of body cells as well as in strengthening the immune system.
* It also helps to reduce stress and the fatigue associated with pregnancy.
* It is also proven to eliminate allergies and therefore is of much benefit to the pregnant mother.
Bottom line is, consuming bee pollen during pregnancy is beneficial to both mother and child; it may boost the nutritional requirements of the pregnant women without affecting the normal development of the unborn baby. It could be placed in the same category as omega-3 fish oil and prenatal multivitamins that doctors advise pregnant women to take.
Is it Safe to Take Bee Pollen During Pregnancy?
Even though it is a natural substance, there has been a lot of contentions about the safety of bee pollen to both mother-to-be and the unborn child. It is really important to consult your doctor before taking any medication, be it prescription drug, over-the counter drug or natural food supplements.
Although allergic reactions to bee products are rare, some of the side effects include rashes, nausea, itchy throat, tightness in the chest, coughing and wheezing.
Featured Bee pollen Supplement
The nutritional value and purity of the bee pollen are determined by the origin. Hence, to ensure that the supplement is toxin-free, look for a brand that is sourced from a clean environment such as New Zealand. We recommend Xtend-life’s Natural Energy Bee Pollen because it is manufacture by a trusted company under very strict regulatory standards; hence, their product is considered as one of the purest on the market today.